As you might have noticed, the last three posts included the same chiffon, Milly blouse. There is actually a perfectly good explanation for this “un-fashionista-like” behaviour. These posts are part of my Milly Remix Series for the Teenvogue Wardrobe Remix contest. It asked of its participants to choose one piece of clothing they love and style it three different ways, so I chose my beloved sheer blouse. The second requirement was to give tips on how to remix an item like the one we picked and these were my tips for styling a chiffon, sheer blouse such as this one:
1) wear a camisole underneath for more conservative occasions (such as a school events) while opaque bras or tube-tops are great alternatives for parties and get togethers with friends
2) layer an unbuttoned variation of these blouses over a tank for an added touch of femininity
3) think outside the box; the lightness of such blouses is conducive to creativity and play so enjoy layering dresses, cardigans, vests, or overalls over them
4) alternate between tucked and untucked looks because choosing one over the other can make the difference between preppy or edgy chic
*I finally picked up my new, long-awaited pair of prescription glasses yesterday (the same glasses I mentioned in the Weardrobe Explore Interview). It’s so nice to be able to see again!
The last four pictures were part of my submission.
What I’m wearing:
- Silk blouse by “Milly”
- Strapless pocket dress by “LaROK” (one of the pieces that I chose with my Revolve contest win)
- Vintage inspired heels by “Paolo Corelli”
- My new prescription glasses by “Tido”
- Rolls Royce Fold-Over clutch by “Marc Jacobs”
- 4 zip bangles by “Luc Kieffer”
- Chunky chain ring by “Luc Kieffer”