Today’s ensemble was one of my resort day looks in Cuba. I wanted to pair the 40s inspired high-waisted shorts with something equally as reminiscent of that era, so I picked out this bikini top – with full coverage of the bust and wide halter-style straps. In the 40s and 50s, the height of the bottoms customarily ran above the navel, so these shorts seemed like an appropriate march in this regard as well. Paradoxically, my choice of accessories were intended to minimize that retro feel because I’m usually careful not to make the look too dated and, in this case, the accessories seem like a natural way of avoiding this.
Do you remember when I made the post called The Shell Game, and wore that super long shell necklace my mom made out of multiple Cuban necklaces, well I left one in its original state for beachwear and I am wearing it here.
* We are still in Reno but should be arriving in San Francisco today.
- Vintage inspired bikini top (bought in Israel)
- High-waisted shorts from “French Connection”
- Straw pumps by “Betsey Johnson”
- Reversible cloth bag (beach blanket) by “Xpat” (made out of recycled Missoni fabric)
- Tri-skull cocktail ring by “Alexander McQueen”
- Straw hat by “Holt Renfrew”
- Colored sheels necklace (bought in Cuba)
- Chunky silver ring
For my Russian Readers:
Сегодняшний образ был одним из моих Кубинских. Моя цель была создать образ вдохновлённый стилем 40-ых -50-ых, сочетатя шорты с высокой талией с довольно закрытым лифом, на широких лямках. Но я, обычно, избегаю ретро стиль в чистом виде и потому аксессуары введены были в комплект из нашего времени для смягчения ощущения стиля ретро.